December 27, 2020

DAY 23: A Letter for anyone

Dear You, 

I was once wanting to die when I broke up with my boyfriend. I was super angry with everything. I questioned the purpose of getting married, and a parades of questions which ended to: what's the purpose of life? I dont understand why I should stay alive, going to work, eat, getting married, have kids and then what?

But now that feeling fades. Maybe I am gradually reconciling with the situation. I always think its just a phase, the heart break will heal, the anger will be gone and I will be fine.

Two days ago I was looking on my twitter and I saw a video of someone trying to jump from a tower. Firefighters were trying to stop him. There were a lot of people trying to stop him even they brought her daughter to persuade him to come down.

Why those people, a stranger to that man, are trying to stop him. Even if he jumps, it wont harm them.

Then this thought came to my head, meaning that life is meaningful. Your life matters. Dont die in vain. You may not a scientist, a hella smart person that your absence will make the world collapse. BUT you are important for somepeople, for your family, for someone close to you, and for your friends.

So, lets have a purpose in life. To be useful for people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment